You may be wondering what is a good landing page? Or what conversion should you get from it? Well, a good landing page has at least a 20% conversion rate. If you are not there yet read the following steps to reach this goal!
1- Build An Effective Landing Page
- Headline: write a clear and concise headline, keep it action oriented and offer your benefits right away.
- Benefit statement: under the headline explain your offer in 1 to 3 sentences. Then how your customers would benefit from this offer in 2 to 3 sentences.
- Use bullet points, numbers and bolding for the benefit statement.
- Remove the navigation menu from the page or any other links, so your audience cannot leave the page unless to perform the action you want them to.
- Add an appealing image or a video but if you include a video keep it short.
- Add share icons so your customers can share your page on social media.
- Use the psychology of conversion, which is simple marketing psychology to get leads.
2- The Capture Form For Landing Pages
- The length of your image or text should mirror the capture form.
- Capture form: the form should be extremely simple with only the basic and minimum information you require. For instance, name, email, phone and company name.
- If you require more information from your customers add it on the second page.
- Add a call to action at the end of your form. Use action verbs such as "download" or "get it now."
3- Features and Additional Information
- Pricing: to add pricing to a landing page add it below the capture form and make it a clear design separation. Make sure to keep your pricing simple and on 1 line only.
- Q&A: to add a Q&A to a landing page keep it 10 questions or less and 1 to 3 sentences answers. Position your Q&A under your capture form.
- Features: for additional features insert a clear headline with a 1 to 2 sentences description on each feature. You can add an icon or a small picture for each. Place the features under the capture form.
4- Build a Thank You Page
- Deliver the offer or inform your customer exactly when they will get it and be precise such as "within 24 hours."
- Display the navigation menu.
- Provide additional content about the product.
- Move your new leads into your buyer's journey with a new call to action.
- Include other options. In your thank you page you can include other products to download.
- Add special offers or coupons.