Some of you may wonder what is inbound marketing and how does it work? How can use it to increase your brand marketing strategy, conversions and automatically donations? It is a true statement that a costumer wants to be educated and here is how!
We have listed the steps to follow to get a winning inbound marketing strategy in 5 steps:
1- Buyer Personas
The main focus of inbound marketing is to determine your personas, which are persons who regroup the characteristics of your audience. Personas are a representation of your ideal customers based on data and your audience demography, behavior, motivation and goals. Determine your buyer personas following these criteria:
- Who are you reaching out to?
- Who are your ideal customers?
- Who is already buying from you?
2- Personas Research
- Do a deep research on your personas details: role in their current company, department, goals, challenges, shopping or service preferences,...
- Ask yourself the following questions: why? What are their motives? What drive them?
- Start by interviewing your current customers or donors.
- Mainly look for trends in behaviors to establish one persona.
3- Profile Stories
The personas profiles should be based on your audience personal and true story, start with the following elements:
- Their personal and career background, demography, identifiers and goals
- Have you helped them in the past? If yes, what did you do for them?
- Where are they in the sales funnel?
- What are their common objections about your products or services?
- Get real quotes from your personas to plug in their profile stories.
- What do they want to see from your brand?
4- Buyer's Journey
- Research what each buyer goes through until they get to the buying stage.
- Understand at which stage of the buyer journey your personas are.
- There are 3 stage in the buyer journey:
- Awareness: When your customers have a problem, so it is your opportunity.
- Consideration: Your customers have defined and gave a name to the problem they are having and are considering your business.
- Decision: When your customers found the solution, it is their final purchase.
5- Great Content
- Your blog posts should be educational for your personas. You should educate your customers or donors on problems they may not know they are having yet and bring them the solutions, which are your products or services.
- Always create great content!
- Inbound marketing is content and context mixed together. Context being who you are creating your products/services for.
- Leverage your content: make sure you have an optimal distribution for your content such as web, blog, social media, landing page, call-to-action, etc...
Thank you for reading our post on how to get a successful inbound marketing strategy in 5 steps! Remember, research and create your personas accurately, build their profile stories, understand where they are in the buyer's journey and always create great content!
We specialize in inbound marketing for nonprofits, if your are having issues with your inbound marketing strategy or need help to get it going, contact us today!